A wedding is an exciting moment that you share with the one you love. The time is here to start planning yours and it should be everything you imagine. Port Douglas gives your wedding so much potential, and the possibilities are endless. From accommodations to beautiful scenery to Port Douglas wedding venues. To make sure your wedding in Port Douglas turns out great, here is a guide to help your planning process.
1. Decide What Type of Wedding You Want
It is important to discover your style and what’s going to make your ceremony meaningful to you. There are various types of weddings to choose from, so here we will do a quick review.
• Traditional: Normally faith-based and chosen by the traditions the bride and groom were raised in.
• Non-religious: Has no reference to faith.
• Non-denominational: Spiritual ceremony that has reference to God, but does not follow any religious protocols.
• Intercultural: Blending of cultures
• Interfaith: Blending multiple faiths, by including religious aspects, readings, or rituals.
2. Set A Budget
Now, you can begin to develop your budget. Develop an understanding with people involved about who is giving what. Once that understanding is made, it’s time to make a savings plan. When developing your plan, remember to track your personal savings and monthly budget.
To make your final wedding budget calculations, add your personal savings with your family contributions, along with any money that you can save over the time.
When your final budget is calculated, you now have a clear understanding to make decisions and deposits.
3. Decide On A Theme and Location
Port Douglas has some of the most beautiful beaches, because of this, a Port Douglas beach wedding is a very popular wedding location.
Port Douglas Wedding Venues
• Little Cove is a great ocean view for your wedding day. Little Cove also has a pebbly beach right in front; this gives you the beauty of a beach wedding without having to deal with the sand issue. Little Cove is located in the heart of Port Douglas and is very close to some restaurant attractions and Port Douglas wedding accommodation.
• Sugar Wharf is one of Port Douglas’s most popular venues. It sits by the sea, faces North West toward the sunset, and your ceremony will be protected from any strong winds. It is important to try and book the Sugar Wharf in advance because it is such a popular wedding venue.
• Flames of the Forest offers you a magical, unique, and romantic wedding experience. This venue provides you and your guest complete privacy with no noise restrictions. It features a black silk lined marquee with beautiful handmade crystal and stunning chandeliers. Flames of the Forest is known to be Australia’s only rainforest ceremonial experience.
Port Douglas Wedding Accommodation
• Peppers Beach Club is an award-winning accommodation and is an ideal location for wedding couples. This location offers a tropical and elegant setting, suitable to be the tropical wedding venue of your dream. Their unique arrangement creates beautiful and magical weddings in Port Douglas.
• Peppers Beach Club & Spa is an award-winning accommodation and is set in the heart of a charming Palm Cove village. This romantic tropical setting accommodates weddings of up to 150 guests. And, with the ability to tailor to your every wedding want and need.
• Ramada Resort Port Douglas is ideally positioned within a few minutes walk to the world-renowned Four Mile Beach. This accommodation is spacious, and it gives you warm and cozy vibes. The resort is themed with natural colours and plantation shutters. Perfect for nature lovers.
4. Meet With a Wedding Planner
A Port Douglas wedding planner is not hard to come across. Wedding planning is an attractive career to many. However, you want to be sure you find someone who you trust to make your special day beautiful. Here are some things to check on when finding your wedding planner.
A Free Consultation
A face-to-face meeting is very important when finding a wedding planner. Seeing people’s work online or having a conversation on the phone doesn’t give you the same perspective of someone as meeting them in person.
It is imperative that you and your planner’s personality works well with your personality. You should feel comfortable with your planner and feel like you can give them you honest opinions.
Knowing your planner’s experience and background can give you the right idea about their expertise and a little comfort in knowing that they have done this before.
Good and Quick Communication
Your planner is meant to help eliminate your stress and quick, effective responses to any concerns. It helps if your planner is available through phone calls, emails, and text is also helpful.
5. Prepare Questions to Ask Your Wedding Planner
To you know which wedding planner is the right one for you, it’s best to prepare questions to ask your potential wedding planners. Below is a list of questions to consider asking when interviewing wedding planners.
• Are you available on my wedding date? This should be your first question to ask. If they are not available, then unless you are able to change your wedding date, you should try to find another planner.
• How many weddings will you be working on as you work on mine? You want to be sure that your planner is not juggling too many projects that may cause them to not give you wedding proper attention.
• Have you planned any other wedding at our venue? If they have, this could be a big benefit, because they are familiar with the layout and event staff.
• What is the most unique wedding you have planned? Learn how much your planner’s creativity can be stretched. Get a sense of their style and take notes of what you like or do not like.
• How many of your staff will be at your wedding? Knowing that you have a number of people helping to make sure that your special day goes stress-free, should help you relax you mind.
• What’s the cost of the average wedding you plan? Remember, you have a budget and be sure that your planner fits into your budget.